By Shereen Shabnam
As a journalist, I have met Salama Mohamed and her husband, Emirati content creator Khalid Al Ameri, a number of times at events and have always felt that as influential power couple, they are the most authentic social media personalities emerging out of the UAE.
Their day-to-day life and banter is what we most relate to living in the UAE and their down to earth personalities and ready smiles make leave a warm and positive impression on people they meet.
Salama has spoken about her skin being super sensitive a number of times and she sought to create a skincare brand to take care of the skin during all seasons. We find out more about Peacefull and Salama’s journey to becoming a skin care brand owner.
- Can you tell us about your career and what motivates you most each day?
Each day I wake up and I am blessed to be doing what I love. Peacefull coming to fruition was such a monumental moment for me and I hope that others are inspired by my story, so they too can bring their dreams to life.
Seeing an idea come to life only helps push me to go harder, from working with the formulas for our upcoming products to planning out the launch definitely keeps me motivated.
And of course, life as a whole, family is my ultimate motivation.
- How is the success of your much awaited skincare launch?
This is still a pinch-me moment! Peacefull coming to fruition was such a monumental moment for me and I hope that others are inspired by my story, so they too can bring their dreams to life.
Nothing makes me happier than knowing that we could make a difference in people’s lives and as their relationship with their skin grows stronger, to know we played a part in that. This is the reason Peacefull exists and we will continue to work hard to spread this message far and wide.
- Best experience in life and the favourite part about starting a new brand?
There have been so many amazing moments in my life, I can’t pick just one! Everyday I wake up and I am truly blessed to be doing what I love.
With Peacefull, the last two years had been a rollercoaster, it had all the ups and downs as you can imagine, but seeing everything come together was truly one of the best moments in my life and made everything worth it.
- What are the challenges you might face when rolling out the brand to other markets?
Global expansion is definitely at the forefront for Peacefull. Entering new markets always comes with its own challenges as each country must be given individual attention and its own strategy. With this in mind, we are a research based company, are dermatologically tested for all skin types, including sensitive skin and approved by ESMA, which is the highest standardization in the UAE.
- Can you share your skincare regime with us?
Currently, my full routine for summer usually goes like this:
- I start with our mugwort clay mask to cleanse my face. It is a face wash that gives you the benefits of wearing a clay mask but with hydration, so you are not stripping your natural skin moisture. If I have makeup on, then I’ll double cleanse, otherwise, I move on to the next step. I do this in the morning and evenings
- Then I love using my hands to apply the Endless Purifying Toner. I love this step as it’s an essence enriched toner, so I’m getting maximum hydration on the deepest level
- Next, I use an under-eye cream
- On days where I have more time, and just want to pamper myself a little more, I’ll use a sheet mask
- Then I’m putting on our Ever Glow Moisturizer and what I love is it doesn’t leave you feeling like a glazed donut. There is no stickiness, oily or greasy feel and yet it plumps your skin and gives you the natural, healthy glow that you deserve, especially during summer, when it’s so hot and humid
- And finally, I’ll put on some SPF, a very important step so it should never be missed
- Favourite part of the day?
I can’t pick just one! The highlight of my day is getting hugs and kisses from Khalifa and Abdullah when they wake up. My skincare routine gives me life but also, getting in a good meal between work and the many meetings throughout the day.
- What is one super power you wish you had?
Invisibility! Being invisible for just one hour everyday would be pretty cool, then I could sit, drink my tea and just chill.
- Can you share your thoughts or advice to the younger generation who look up to you as a role model?
The most important thing is to be in tune with yourself and your heart everyday. When you work and walk with good intentions, this radiates throughout your person and promotes peace within and to those around you. Also, surround yourself with positivity and don’t forget to hydrate!
#GlobalTrendMonitor #SalamaMohamed #Peacefull #Skincare #Beauty #Lifestyle #Emirati #magazineUAE #magazine #mediaUAE #UAEbusiness #myDubai